Sunday 15 October 2017

NO NIGERIAN SPEAKS NIGERIA


For years I have being a person that gets fascinated about places, history and historical places, people and people’s ways of life, their believes and what their believes stands for. I have kept records of places I have been to, my experiences and encounters, foods, games, music, animals and I have tried to make comparisons and differentiations. For me, this is writing of modern history According to my journal, my country is a continent, the countries in it need to be surfed and tell the stories of their inhabitants. “Nigeria is too big for one to assume that few Nigerians you meet defines every Nigerian”. This is a world to explore. My home Nigeria is a world that harbours more than 300 tribes and more than 500 languages. This reminds me of a first time visitor to Nigeria I met in 2016 at the airport and the funny question he asked me was if I speak Nigeria. Silly right? But he is right in his own thinking and its left for me to explain to him why no Nigerian speaks Nigeria, but we speak languages in Nigeria as Nigerians. And meeting me doesn’t mean he has met all Nigerians and knowing me has not given him full knowledge of Nigerians. Therefore, browsing, flipping and reading through my journal, I can tell everyday life and encounter one can possibly pass through in Nigeria.


Check for updates every day.

No comments: